My mom has a number of recipes handed down from her mother of baked goodies. (Don’t you just love family recipes?!) Her zucchini bread is a wonderfully moist treat that should be eaten with a pat of butter and glass of milk, or with a quick-made cream cheese frosting and a cup of hot, black tea.
Mom’s Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 eggs, beaten slightly
- 2/3 cups canola oil
- 2 cups zucchini, grated and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and dust with flour, two 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl stir eggs, oil, zucchini and lemon peel. Add the walnuts to the wet ingredients and mix through.
- Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture until flour is just moistened.
- Evenly spread batter into two loaf pans and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the bread comes out clean.