Halibut, corn and chorizo grill packets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups corn kernels (from 3 to 4 ears)
- 4 ounces ground chorizo
- 4 6-ounce skinless Pacific halibut filets (or other white fish)
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano, plus leaves for serving (we used thyme-oregano)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat grill or a grill pan to medium. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate or grill pan.
- In a separate medium size pan, fully cook chorizo over medium-high heat, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool a few minutes.
- Toss the corn, chorizo and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Dividing evenly, place the corn mixture in the center of four 12-by-24-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil. Top with the fish and oregano sprigs, drizzle with the oil, and season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Fold the foil over and seal the edges to form 4 packets.
- Place the foil packets on the grill and cook, covered, until the fish is opaque throughout, 12 to 15 minutes. Carefully open the packets and transfer the fish and vegetables to a plate, removing the cooked oregano. Sprinkle with remaining oregano leaves and serve with the lime wedges, if desired. *Recipe adapted from Realsimple.com
To avoid getting burned when you open the foil packets, first slit open one side with a sharp paring knife and allow some of the steam to escape. Then open the packet completely and transfer the fish and vegetables to a plate.