Marshmallow, chocolate, almond and caramel? Sounds like a heavenly dessert party to us! Here’s an updated version of an old treat that combines airy clouds of marshmallow with earthy chocolate and almonds. Weave them together with sweet caramel, and dessert is complete.
Chocolate Marshmallow Squares
- 12 ounces unwrapped caramel candy (or homemade caramel candy)
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate (mini size works best)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 12 ounces mini marshmallows (or homemade mini marshmallows)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a double boiler over LOW heat, melt the caramel candy until softened, but not entirely melted, about 10 minutes.
- Add semi sweet chocolate and stir gently and frequently until softened and glossy.
- Add almond butter and salt and stir through. Remove from heat.
- Gently stir in mini marshmallows and then turn out into an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Allow to harden in the refrigerator for 2 hours before cutting into squares and serving.