Michelle: “My sister-in-law created this super-moist banana-meets-cornbread baked goodie. I wasn’t too sure at first about banana and cornbread, but the banana really adds great moisture and background flavor to these muffins. When Auntie Adrienne gave my 3-year-old daughter this muffin, it was gobbled up fast! Adrienne is such a terrific home chef, I cannot wait for her to share more recipes with us here at CollabKitchen. Welcome Adrienne!”
Adrienne: “This is my first official recipe! These turned out so fluffy and moist. I was very pleased!”
Banana Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup white flour harina
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together white flour harina, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together butter, milk, eggs, honey and banana.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients all at once and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Put paper cups into a muffin tin and fill them 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake until muffins have a nice golden color on the top, about 15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!