Here’s a quick way to put old bread to good use. Serve these baked and herbed croutons on top of your favorite soups and salads.
Baked Herbed Croutons
- 1/2 loaf day-old artisan bread or gluten free bread (unsliced), cut into thick 1/2" cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mini food processor, chop the flat-leaf parsley and basil until combined into very small bits. Scoop out herbs with a spatula into a medium-sized bowl. Add cubed bread, olive oil, parmesan cheese and kosher salt and mix until the bread is well covered with the other ingredients. Pour herbed bread cubes onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until browned and crunchy, stirring bread half way through cooking process. Top on your favorite soups and salads.