Roasted Pears with Cranberries
- 4 pears (any variety), peeled, quartered and cored
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, washed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon, a few dashes
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water, if necessary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large baking dish, mix pears, cranberries, brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and cinnamon together. Dot the top of the mix with cubes of butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water if necessary.
- Serve with vanilla frozen yogurt, or vanilla ice cream, and top with any of your favorite roasted nuts.